Here are a few things to keep in mind when you are requesting bids for your cleaning service needs:
- Make a list of what is most important to you in the cleaning of your home and compare that to the service being offered. Find out what the company's standard is then inform them of the discrepancies between your list and theirs, if any! If the discrepancies are many, then this is a good sign that this is not the company you will be happy with. Save yourself some time and move on.
- Most cleaning services offer a basic service that can be expanded on so don't be afraid to tell them what you want. The only way they will know what you expect is if you say it.
- Keep in mind that the more tasks you add, the more you will pay. When you hire someone to clean your home, you are paying for their time. Labor is the most expensive part of any business so keep that in mind when making your requests.
- Be realistic with your expectations versus what you are willing to pay. If you want all of your furniture moved and vacuumed under at each service, versus a couple time a year, then be willing to pay for the time associated with doing so.
- A professional and experienced cleaner will know, on average, how long it takes to clean a half bath versus a full bath versus a 3/4 bath versus a large master. If you have a question as to why their price is the way it is (high or low) you should start by asking how long they have allotted for the cleaning of your home. This will either answer your question and relieve your concern or, let you know that you are not on the same page as the cleaner and again, you should move on.
I hope these tips help! Sincerely, Erica Jensen ~President Clean Right Company
Clean Right Company is a full service residential and commercial cleaning company servicing Spokane, WA and surrounding areas. Please give us a call at (509) 534-3343 or visit our website at www.cleanrightco.com for more information.