The end of year holiday season can be a huge stress on our already busy lives. Feeling the stress of gift giving, spending time with family, travel, decorating, cooking, baking, and all while living our normal (or not so normal) day to day lives can become overwhelming.
There are some things we an do to relieve ourselves of the burdens associated with the Holidays.
Here are a few tips:
- Have that holiday dinner at someone else's home or go out to dinner. Wouldn't it be nice not to have to cook a huge meal and not have a huge mess to clean up either? YES! Though, if you do have dinner at someone else's home, bring a dish with you so they don't feel the pressure of cooking for everyone either and help clean up a bit before you go. If you go out to dinner, then tip your server because they are having to miss out on spending time with their loved ones and working on a holiday is no fun.
- Have a pot luck! If you decide to have dinner at your home, then ask everyone to bring a side dish while you take care of the main course(s). You could also order your entire dinner from places like Fred Meyer. They'll make it all for you and all you have to do is pick it up and plate it. And at my home, the kids have to clean up after the meal!
- It's fun and rewarding to give gifts but it can also be a financial burden. Stick to giving gifts to parents and children. As we get older, our families grow and soon we are feeling obligated to give gifts to our parents, the kids, our sisters, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, etc. This trend becomes very expensive and extremely overwhelming. If you stick to buying a gift for your parents and the children in your life (not the ones you never see or don't know well), you will be able to give more thoughtful gifts and not break the bank.
- Make something! This is my favorite thing to do. I've bought Christmas tins and baked cookies to put in. I've made blankets, rice warmers (the things you stick in the microwave, heat up and then enjoy the glorious warmth), stuffed animals, etc. I like to create and make and I believe these gifts are the best kind because you spent your time and energy to create something for someone you love.
- There's nothing worse than traveling with cranky kids. Whether it's by car, plane or train, plan ahead. Bring something to play movies on, bring car friendly games, books, snack and drinks, bring anything and everything to keep your kids occupied and distracted.
- Just don't do it! Stay home and relax. The Holidays are not suppose to be something we dread. If you don't want to travel cross state to see relatives you don't have to. Stay home and have a nice, quiet and intimate holiday with your closest family and friends.
Oh ya, one last tip -Hire Clean Right Company to clean your home just in time for the holidays. Call now to book your service before it's too late!!!
Clean Right Company